- Bucky Halker: CDs Now Available For Purchase At Bandcamp
- REVIEW: Love for Music Brings Together “Kids” of All Ages
- Chicago Kids Play and Sing Hoagy: Book/CD Project Wins Award
- Chicago Tribune Review: Chicago Kids Play and Sing Hoagy (2020)
- Rudolstadt Music Festival 2018 (Rudolstadt, Germany)
- Mölln Festival 2018 (Mölln Germany)
- Bucky Halker presenting at Illinois Bicentennial Celebration in Vandalia, IL
- Dark As A Dungeon: Songs and Stories of American Coal Mining
Tag Archives: Centralia
Bucky will be presenting his folksongs of Illinois program at Luther Oaks , Bloomington, IL. Come out and hear folksongs about Illinois and commentary on how they came to this great state.
Bucky will be offering up some of his favorite road songs celebrating travel throughout the great State of Illinois. Come out to Vandalia and celebrate the bicentennial. Location TBD. This is a FREE event sponsored by Illinois Humanities.
Here’s a chance to hear Bucky live with host Kevin Kelly on WILL-FM Radio in Urbana-Champaign on the campus of the University of Illinois. Bucky plays some tunes and talks with Kevin about folksongs in Illinois, Woody Guthrie, and the … Continue reading
Bucky Halker’s emotionally powerful performance of Woody Guthrie’s, “The Dying Miner,” commemorating the Centralia mine disaster of 1947, includes actual words that miners left behind on scraps of paper as their oxygen was running out; Halker’s rich voice portrays their plight in a compassionate interpretation that is realistic, avoiding maudlin excess. Continue reading